I’ve been taking a break from genealogy. Not a wanted break, but a forced break, due to lack of free time. I miss it dearly and hope to renew my Ancestry subscription and start back up again soon.
It’s the holiday season and my mind has drifted to what I’d like for Christmas. It all has to do with genealogy! Here are a top few of my genealogy wishes for the new year:
- Find Rebecca! More like, find her true maiden name, parents, grandparents, etc.
- Put names to faces and identify old photos from my great-grandmother’s collection.
- Figure out the father (and mother) of my great-great-grandfather, Whit Dennis.
- Connect with more cousins and get more photos of relatives.
- Confirm my Harper line; were Elizabeth and John Harper the parents of James Hansel Harper, my fourth great-grandfather?
- Find William Bennett’s parents.
- Solve the Bartholomew-Carroll mystery.
- Update this blog more! I have so many things I want to write about; I need to make the time.
Not too much to ask, right!?! My list could go on and on with all of the discoveries I hope to make.
Anything you’re hoping to discover about your family’s roots?
Here’s to a great 2018 and solving more family mysteries!